06 April, 2019

28mm Post-Apocalypse Scenery

One of my goals for 2019 is to expand my collection of post-apocalypse scenery.  I already have a good set of city ruins and I want to add some smaller pieces to serve as cover and to improve the look of my games.  We had a few days of nice weather this week, so I grabbed my latest work and a few miniatures to show scale and headed to the backyard to take some photos.

This is a ruined truck cast in resin.  I bought it at the flea market way back at Historicon 2016.  It's nice to finally get it painted, it has been sitting around primed for about 6 months.  I have no idea who the manufacturer is but it is a nice model.  I like the jumble of goods in the back.  The miniatures are from Dead Earth Games.

This set of 4 barricades came together in a set.  I don't remember where I got them but the manufacturer is Foxhole Terrain.  Each of the pieces is different, 6"/15cm long and has a nice assortment of rubble.  Useful to protect my survivors against the zombie hordes.

They look good when defended.  The miniatures are from Brigade Games.
 

If you get past the barricade there is a giant mutant dog waiting for you.  Turn back!

I have had this model building for some time.  It was an add-on to the original Kickstarter campaign for Across the Dead Earth back in 2014.  I don't think that Dead Earth Games ever sold it later on their website, so there aren't many of them around.  Every settlement needs a bar!  The roof lifts off for game purposes.  Cast in gray resin.

The friendly proprietor is waiting for.....
...customers!  I wonder what today's special is?


The roof conveniently comes off.  There is room for several miniatures inside.  There is a small piece that fits on top of the barrels but I like it this way.








2 comments:

  1. Awesome job on them all. I love that wreck. The bar turned out fab. Reminds me I must get mine done!

    ReplyDelete