04 August, 2021

Review - Terrains4Games Terrain Pieces

I've been thinking about upgrading some of my terrain for a while.  In spring 2021 I did some google searches for terrain manufacturers and found the Terrains4Games (T4G) website:  

Terrains4Games

T4G is based in Poland.  Their products looked interesting, and after finding positive reviews of their products online I took a longer look at their website.  My specific need was to get a variety of fields, hills, woods and rocky areas that would cover all the possible terrain requirements for my 28mm Saga games.  I already have a good selection of buildings and marshes.  Of course, anything I bought would also be usable in the other periods I play.

T4G makes multiple types of fields and hills to choose from.  They produce 2 sizes of forest which consist of a base piece and separate trees.  They also sell the base pieces separately, which in addition to being less expensive, would also allow me to use my existing trees.  I realized that if I bought a few extra of the medium forest bases, I could also use them to represent rocky areas or ruins by placing some of the rocks, walls or fallen columns that I already have on top of the base.  With storage space at a premium, anything that can perform multiple functions is attractive to me.

Looking at the specs on the website, I noticed that the two sizes of forest base were slightly longer than the maximum size allowed under the Saga rules.  I emailed T4G to ask if they could make them slightly smaller and quickly received a positive reply.

I thought the prices were very reasonable and ended up ordering 3 fields, 3 hills, 2 large forest bases and 4 medium forest bases.  Everything would arrive painted and ready to use on the table.

I will note that the time between ordering and receiving my order took several months.  This is not a criticism because their website is very clear on their production and shipping timeframes.  Also, I asked for different-sized forest bases than their standard products and I expect custom requests to take longer.  Both times I emailed to ask a question they replied quickly and provided great customer service.

I received my package last week.  Upon opening the box, everything was securely packed with each piece tightly wrapped in several layers of thick plastic and packing peanuts filling all the open space.



Everything unwrapped and laid out on my dining room table.  The color on the T4G website photos is a brighter green.  I would describe the color of the pieces I received as medium green.   The pieces have varied shapes and each is finished differently with green and brown static grass, rocks, and bits of flock and vegetation.  Bare areas are painted with what looks to me like 3 shades of brown.  Most of the photos have a 12"/30cm ruler to show scale.

Two Plowed Fields: They are made from HDF/hardboard and are very sturdy.  You can see the material in the second photo where I flipped one field over.


One Rising Wheat Field: In addition to the basic fields, T4G offer fields with a variety of different crops.

Two Large Forest Bases: I am going to use these as large woods pieces with some trees placed on them.  They are also made of HDF.

Four Medium Forest Bases:  I am going to use these to represent multiple types of terrain with trees/rocks/ruins placed on them.  No ruler in this photo but they are around 20 cm long and 11 cm wide and made of HDF.


Size comparison between a large and medium base.

Gentle Natural Hill:   This hill has a central ridge running the length of the hill with an equal slope on each side.  The slope is able to support two 28mm Balearic slingers from Crusader without the miniatures sliding; a nice feature.  It is made from styrofoam based on HDF.


Tournament Hill: This hill has an all-around slope with a large flat area on top and is also made from styrofoam based on HDF.


Hill - Basic Version:  This hill is only made from styrofoam without the HDF base but was much cheaper than the other hills I bought.  Similar to the Tournament Hill but with less detailing, it has a slope around the edge and a flat top.



A mix of flower tufts and a bonus sticker.


Overall I am very happy with all the pieces, they are high quality and the price I paid was excellent for quality, fully-finished terrain.  They have a wide variety of other types of terrain pieces available and I highly recommend them.


1 comment: