03 June, 2010

New Kingdom Egyptians

Here is my 15mm New Kingdom Egyptian DBA army.  This is one of the classic popular armies, sometimes it seems like everyone has one.  Who doesn't picture Yul Brynner in 'The Ten Commandments", Ramesses II vs. the Hittites at Kadesh, or the Egyptians beating back the invading Sea Peoples?  It contains all the options to cover both variants of the army list (I/22a and b) which last from 1543 to 1069 BC.  I painted it in 2004 or 2005 as part of a set of biblical armies which also include Hittites and Canaanites (those armies will be the subjects of my next posts).  It contains a mix of figures from various manufacturers.

Here is a picture of the whole army:

These are the close fighters (3x4Bd).  The stand on the right is Essex figures and the other two bases are Chariot.


Here are the archers (4x4Bw).  The base on the left are Nubian mercenaries from Chariot.  The next stand are Chariot Egyptians and the other two are Old Glory Egyptians.


Next are more mercenaries.  The base on the left are Libyan javelinmen by Chariot (1x2Ps), the middle one are Sea Peoples from Old Glory (1x3Wb) and the right-hand one are more Nubian archers from Essex (1x2Ps).


The chariots are from Essex (3xLCh).  I dislike painting chariots so this was the hardest part of the army for me to finish.

Next up is the general, also from Essex (1xLCh Gen).


Last is the camp.  It is a resin piece I bought at a convention but I do not remember the manufacturer.  The civilians passing by are from Chariot.



No comments:

Post a Comment