17 December, 2017

28mm Terrain - Tires, Objectives & Sandbags


I am always on the lookout for more 28mm terrain for my games to use as cover, objectives or for scenic purposes.  I bought these pieces at Historicon 2017.  They are all by Acheson Creations, who have a variety of well-priced resin terrain and buildings for many different eras.  For example, all of my dark age buildings (April 2016 post) are by Acheson.  I picked these out of a box with lots of small pieces; they were only $1 each.

I washed them in the dishwasher to remove the mold residue, then primed them with Wal-Mart spray paint, black for the tires, white for the others.  I gave them a quick wash of black or white to cover any areas that the spray didn't fully cover.  They painted up very quickly.  The tire stacks got a dark gray drybrush.  The sandbags were painted with Howard Hues Colonial Khaki, then a drybrush of Howard Hues WWI Russian Uniform.  The weapons got various shades of gray, khaki and olive.  All sealed with 2 coats of Testors Dullcote.

 A 28mm miniature from my last post is included for scale.

Three identical stacks of tires.  Useful as cover from enemies or zombie hordes.


A small fortified position, sandbags backed by a wooden frame.  Perhaps a checkpoint outside a camp of surviviors.

The weapons caches will be used as objective markers in my Post-Apoc games.

Thanks for looking!
Jason

2 comments:

  1. Nice, Jason! I am similarly addicted to Acheson... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I have not seen the weapon piles before.

    ReplyDelete