07 December, 2017

Fall Doldrums & A Return to Painting

So after a lot of painting in September I came to a sudden halt.  I had no desire or energy for any hobby activities for almost 2 months.  In the middle of November I started trying to get myself going again.  I checked out some history books from the local library and read a few gaming magazines.  As Thanksgiving approached, I started looking at the sales offered by different companies.  Over the next few days I ended up ordering 2 4-point SAGA armies from Footsore (Irish & Romano-British), a MDF secret base and a couple miniatures from Crooked Dice, 9 miniatures from Hasslefree, and some stuff from Litko.

Litko won the postal race, arriving in 2 days.  Below are the contents of my package: a magnetic sheet I use in my storage boxes, some steel base bottoms and 4 bottles of Army Painter paint.



Afterwards I finished placing my orders, I got out a few figures and cleaned , assembled, based and primed them.  From the left are a mad scientist in a wheelchair (Black Cat), 2 Failed Experiments (Crooked Dice), a large Zombie/Mutant (Warlord), 2 modern adventurers and a martial artist (Hasslefree). 

Since this photo, I have painted the bases and started on the metal, hair and skin.  I hope I am back on track.  I am interested in hearing how you beat the wargaming doldrums.

1 comment:

  1. Brill. I know how you feel though not so extended a period of time I have done very little since October really. Glad your back on the brushes and look forward to seeing these finished.

    ReplyDelete