14 January, 2019

28mm Apocalypse Survivors II


More survivors from my New Year's photo shoot.  Today is a mixed bag of miniatures from Brigade Games, Brother Vinni, Copplestone, Hasslefree, Studio Miniatures and Warlord.  All were painted in the fall of 2018 unless noted otherwise..

First up are three dearly departed characters from The Walking Dead.  The father and son duo of Rick (c) and Carl (l) are from Studio Miniatures, while Abraham (r) is from Brigade Games.  Good representations of all of them.  Rick appears to be going through one of his rough periods.

The next two are from Copplestone's Future Wars line, the Citizen Militia I pack.  I bought them back in 2013 because I wanted to use one of the miniatures in the pack for a Doctor Who character (Mickey) and the other four have been patiently waiting for their turn to be painted.

The other two from the same Copplestone pack.

These are a pack of three Postapoc Citizens from Brother Vinni cast in resin.  The arms were separate and easily pinned.  I painted them in the same uniform to serve as a town militia.

This is a Zombie Beast from Warlord's Project Z line.  Unlike most of that range, it is metal.  It came with a choice of heads.  Is it a zombie?  A mutant?  An experiment gone wrong?  At that size what difference does it make?  Run!

These are both from Hasslefree.  On the left is Karl Drax, based on the character Ronon Dex from the tv show Stargate: Atlantis.  It was the first role I saw played by Jason Momoa, now much more famous due to Game of Thrones and Aquaman.  On the right, Dynamic Jynx is conjuring a ball of energy.  Perhaps the radiation gave her powers?

These two are both from Studio Miniatures.  The model on the right is, I believe, based on Kris Kristofferson's character in the movie Blade.  I haven't seen it since it first came out in the late 90s so I don't remember it very well.  I bought it because I liked the leg brace, he looks like a grizzled survivor defending his homestead or settlement the best he can.  The model on the left is, of course, Indiana Jones.  How is he still alive after the apocalypse you ask?  Well, he did drink that elixir in 'The Last Crusade'.  He is smiling because there are plenty of new artifacts to excavate in the post-apocalypse world.  Also because in my game world, The Crystal Skull never happened!

Last is a model I painted back in 2010 or 2011.  It was part of another Copplestone Future Wars pack and I have somehow never taken a picture of it.

Next time I'll post some spy-fi miniatures for 7TV.  Thanks for looking!
Jason

4 comments:

  1. Great looking figs, thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those minis look awesome! That’s for sharing your work with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look great. There are couple I am after there for my own collection so good to see them sizing up.

    ReplyDelete