15 August, 2026

Historicon 2026 Purchases

I made the traditional road trip to Historicon this year. It is always one the highlights of the year and a chance to spend time with old friends. I didn't buy much this year. Partly because I bought a lot of stuff over the winter and spring for my Robin Hood project which is finished. And partly because my next project is refurbishing a 1990s Dark Elf army for use with Dragon Rampant, which doesn't require much in the way of new lead. I'll be posting on that soon.

Starting at the top left and moving clockwise:

(1) Army Painter field grass from Your Hobby Place.

(2) A Games Workshop elf mounted on a griffon. My friend Keith gave it to me, he bought a bunch of secondhand stuff recently and there were two of this model.  I want to convert it into a Dark Elf and repaint it.

(3) An Army Painter speedpaint marker from Rock Bottom Games. I thought I'd try one out to see how well they work.

(4) Two packs of Gamers Grass tufts from Things From the Basement.

(5) A Reaper Bones Troll King from Windsword. I'll be adding it to my Dark Elf army.

(6) Three free convention miniatures and a flag (provided by Brigade).


Upon closer examination, the assembly of the griffon left some large gaps. While I could fill them with greenstuff, I am considering trying to take it apart and start over. The wings are attached to the sides so I think I can separate the body halves. The original flight peg is broken off inside so I might have to do that anyway to get it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment